What information do we collect?
- We collect information from you when you place an order.
- When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
- Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To process transactions
- Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
How do we protect your information?
- We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
- We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to?keep the information confidential.
- After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
- Yes (Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
- We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
- Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
- We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
- This policy was last modified on 7/2/2014
All Shorai packages are shipped through Fed Ex without a signature required and will be left at the address provided in your order.
If you require signature service for your shipment due to theft concerns you must write this in the note field below so that our shipping staff will be notified of your request.
Without this service being requested, Shorai, Inc. does not take responsibility for lost or stolen packages after they have left our warehouse. After shipment they become property of the purchaser and it becomes the purchaser’s responsibility to follow up with Fed Ex about lost or stolen packages.
Our LFX batteries (UN3480) can be shipped as “Not Restricted” Cargo, because they comply with all shipping regulations as prescribed by all industry and legal standards.
Descripbed under the aforementioned document, cells are not more than 20 Watt-hous and batteries are not more than 100 Watt-hours. Cells or batteries are of the type proben to meet the requirements of each test in the UN Manual of Test and Criteria, Part III, Subsection 38.3. They meet the requirements for transportation under:
A) INTERNATIONAL CIVIL AVIATION ORGANISATION (ICAO) and the INTERNATIONAL AIR TRANSPORT ASSOCIATIONG (IATA) DGR 52nd edition  – Section II of the Packing Instruction (PI) 965 (Batteries), PI 966 (Batteries, packed with equipment), PI 967 (batteries, packed in equipment);
B) INTERNATIONAL MARITIME ORGANISATION (IMO) – Special Provisions 188 and 230;
C) US Department of Transportation (DOT) – 49 CFR 173.185 and Special Provision 188.
They do not contain any prototype, heavy, recalled and/or defective batteries